For those who suffer from dry mouth, the issue can be quite bothersome. The reasons dry mouth occurs can be numerous and you may want to talk with your dentist about it if you believe it’s something that’s serious. We have included several steps that you can take to help reduce the severity of dry mouth.
- Stop Smoking or Chewing Tobacco-Smoking cigarettes and other tobacco products have been proven to cause serious health issues as well as dry mouth.
- Avoid Caffeine-If you are drinking a lot of caffeine you may want to reduce the amount you take in daily if you have dry mouth issues. If you do drink a lot of caffeine you will also want to drink a lot of water to help with your dry mouth issues.
- Use a Humidifier– Keeping the air where you sleep at night moist will help improve your breathing as well as help to increase the amount of saliva produced in your mouth. This is important to maintaining good oral hygiene.
- Chew Gum-Chewing sugar free gum will help increase the amount of saliva in your mouth which is going to make it feel less dry. You can also try to suck on sugar free hard candies also.
- Breathe through Your Nose-If you suffer from dry mouth, try breathing through your nose regularly instead of breathing through your mouth.