- 200g/7oz plain flour
- 350-400ml/12-14fl oz milk, or ½ milk ½ water for a lighter pancake
- 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pinch salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Put the flour into a large bowl, make a well in the centre and pour in the milk and eggs. Give the liquid mixture a quick whisk before incorporating the flour. Continue to whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Now add 1 tbsp vegetable oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Take a crêpe pan, or large frying pan, dip some kitchen roll in the oil and carefully wipe the inside of the pan. Heat the pan over a medium heat for a minute.
- Add just under a ladleful of batter to the pan and immediately start swirling it round the pan to get a nice even layer.
- Cook the pancake for approximately 30-40 seconds. Use a palette knife to lift the pancake carefully to look at the underside to check it is golden-brown before turning over. Cook the other side for approx 30-40 seconds and transfer to a serving plate.
Read more: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes