For those who live here in the UK, deciding on the best option for replacing a missing tooth or teeth can be difficult. However, if you have decided to get dental implants surgery performed here in the UK we have prepared some tips for you to help lower your anxiety and perhaps some of the pain after the procedure is performed. Using these tips will not only provide you with a healthy smile, it will ensure that you have a quicker recovery.
5 Tips for Proper Post Care after Dental Implants:
For patients who have dental implant surgery, it’s vital that you have a complication-free healing process to help ensure that your new implants will perform correctly.
- Soft Food– Eat food that is soft and not hot in temperature. Examples would be lukewarm soup, jello, apple sauce, yogurt, and noodles.
- Avoid Physical Activity- You will want to exercise lightly for at least three days after surgery. Jogging, walking, and yoga would be examples of light exercise.
- Salt Water– You can wash your mouth out with salt water to reduce swelling, avoid infection, and keep the wound clean.
- Follow Dentist Orders– Follow the specific orders that your dentist gives you and take all medications, both prescribed and over-the-counter.
- Use Icepack– Icepacks can help reduce swelling and help alleviate some of the pain you may feel in your jaw.